The University of Vienna (20 faculties and centres, 178 fields of study, approx. 9.800 members of staff, about 90.000 students) seeks to fill the position from 01.04.2021 of a
Reference number: 11684
The holder of this position will support the scientists of the Department of Meteorology and Geophysics in research and teaching at the interface of field work and IT.
Extent of Employment: 40 hours/week
Job grading in accordance with collective bargaining agreement: §54 VwGr. IIIb with relevant work experience determining the assignment to a particular salary grade.
- Field work with mobile measuring devices
- Supervision of telemetry (monitoring)
- Ensuring the flow of data from the field and to national data centers
- Maintenance and testing of existing and new devices to be purchased (seismometers, infrasound sensors)
- Warranty processing for hardware defects
- Coordination of repair and maintenance tasks
- Occasional installation, configuration and support of hardware and software equipment, and network printers
- Registration and processing of software licenses
- Support with data backup
- Participation and equipment support in meteorological and geophysical labs in the laboratory and in the field, especially in Geophysics.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline or (subject-specific) A-Levels plus corresponding professional experience
- Knowledge of the operating systems Windows, Linux, MacOS
- IT user skills (MS Office)
- Experience with computer-based measurement instrumentation would be an advantage
- Independent but team-oriented work style
- Organisational skills
- Ability to cope with pressure
- Willingness for further education
- Willingness for assistance in the field
Applications including a letter of motivation (German or English) should be submitted via the Job Center to the University of Vienna (http://jobcenter.univie.ac.at) no later than 04.02.2021, mentioning reference number 11684.
For further information please contact Weinberger, Stefanie +43-1-4277-53709.
The University pursues a non-discriminatory employment policy and values equal opportunities, as well as diversity (http://diversity.univie.ac.at/). The University lays special emphasis on increasing the number of women in senior and in academic positions.